Laser tattoo removal uses high-quality, sophisticated laser technology to provide aesthetic treatments. The laser tattoo removal process may cause a layer of burn wound on the surface of the affected skin. Others will experience swelling or bruising, and all this depends on the skin sensitivity. The affected part of the skin usually turns white for some minutes. Development of crusts, scabs or blisters may occur in some individuals within eight to seventy-two hours after the aesthetic laser treatments, though very rare especially when the right aftercare procedures are followed to the latter. In some cases, the treated part of the skin may turn pale or pink after separation of the scab; this effect is mild and transient. Other adverse effects are quite hard to occur but if happen; take only a couple of days, these include loss of the skin color pigment and scarring of the skin which may lead to celluloid or hypertrophy conditions.
Here are some of the most effective aftercare instructions that guarantee you a normal healthy life after the successful aesthetic laser treatment. These are instructions pulled together from the best clinics located in Las Vegas.
These Instructions Are Perfect When Removing a Red Tattoo
• Maintain a high level of hygiene as you keep the treated area dry. Gentle cleaning of the affected area with non-chemical and non-perfumed soap with clean warm (look warm) water is recommended.
• After the laser treatment, it has been observed that development of blisters occurs. This is a typical case, and you should not be bothered. They are part of the healing process and should not be ruptured deliberately, give time to heal, and they aren’t there to stay. In the case of any unexpected burst, apply an antibiotic ointment you have been prescribed to use. Once the treated part of the skin has healed completely, use fragrance-free, dry-free Vitamin-E Skin lotion on a regular basis.
• Cold compresses can be applied to the treated areas within 24 hours of treatment, and this helps to reduce inflammation and discomfort. Pain relievers can also be a solution to this; however certain painkillers such as aspirin may increase the chances of bleeding or bruising of the treated part of the skin.
• To ensure proper hygiene is maintained, taking a shower 4-6 hours after the laser treatment is recommended. Avoid direct, high-pressure water falling on the scabbed, blistered area. Hot bath tubs and swimming pool and any soaking form should be avoided until all the scabbing and blistering has healed completely.
• Light exercises are safe for the body after the treatment since it keeps the body fit and healthy through proper respiration and loss of waste products. High-intensity exercise should be avoided such as heavy weight-lifting because these may pick at the affected area scrapping it, this leads to scarring and result in contracting of infections as the wound opens to the environment
• Direct exposure to strong sunlight intensity should be avoided. Sunlight is essential to our bodies for vitamin D and other physical processes in the body but on the affected area it’s the contrary. If exposed to sunlight, cover the affected area with a clean piece of cloth or bandage. Once the superficial skin has healed completely, a sun block ointment is highly recommended with an SPF of 25 and above. Wearing makeup and applying cream & medication near the treated area should be avoided at this time until the skin heals.
• Itching of the treated part is common and part of the healing process due to the laser effect. It usually heals after 1-2 months but in a case of persistence past this period, follow up should be made to ensure proper evaluation. Any strange discomfort such as spreading of redness, oozing and red color crusting, an immediate consultation from a qualified doctor or laser treatment experts should be sought without delay.
• Shaving of the affected area soon after the treatment, before complete healing is highly discouraged. This may cause scrapping and open ways for infections into the body. Do not expose the treated area to adverse weather conditions such as harsh coldness and excessive heat since this might triggers dilation problems in the blood vessels leading to bleeding. The process of tattoo removal by laser treatment technology is one of the safest and efficient once the right care and aftercare instruction are adhered to.